Como Zoo

Como Town

Beach & Park

Monday, July 27, 2009

There BACK!!!


OK this is the second year now that I have gotten my brothers two middle kids. I was up North for the weekend and just brought them back tonight. I was up North for Rodeo weekend and went with the kids to the parade and then watched the fire works from ground zero. (Pretty freaking sweet spot to watch them from let me tell you. Then today we had a little brother's (Brennet aka Bug) birthday party to attend before we head back on the long 4 1/2 hour long drive. Believe me with two little kids in the car I felt ever second of that time. We only had one mishap with a piece of gum and a near miss with a crazy deer. All and all it had been a fairly normal start.

Serenity sitting on the fireworks
Logan sitting on the Fireworks

Serenity at the parade


Logan at the parade
It was a little loud with the rifle salutes

Once we got to the house they had to pee and then check out Peanut the rabbit. I had to lay down the law:

1) NO picking up Peanut
2) NO chasing Peanut
3) Stay OUT of Peanuts cage
4) Leave Peanut alone

Once I got those rules in place things went well. I found their PJ's and Serenity picked out a movie, no it wasn't Marley and Me (they did see it but I said it was too sad to watch now I will hide it), she picked Hotel for Dogs. While they talked to mom and dad I made popcorn. Once the phone calls where over with we headed downstairs, minus Peanut much to Logan's disappointment, and popped in the movie. Kicked back on the bed we watched the movie. Once done I said it was 11:00 and time for bed. As expected Logan started to cry for Daddy and then Serenity teared up, but I got them settled down with a few laughs, we said our prayers and now it was time for bed.

So with the bed side light on, the hall light on, the fan left on, and instructions to only shut the window if it starts raining and I was not down there I headed upstairs. Within 5 mins they both where running upstairs having to go potty.
So one by one they pee and then head back downstairs. No within less than 2 mins I hear a crash a shriek, and footsteps pounding up the stairs. Both kids come around the corner with wide tear filled eyes. Apparently what I said about the window meant I gave them permission to mess with the shade. They had tried to shut the shade, after shutting the window, even thought it was NOT raining, and the shade fell down and scared the ever living bejeezes out of them. I got to lay down a little different law 'Do NOT touch the shade." Now they are sleeping like the little Angels that they look like and I get to stay up and catch up on a few things.

Tomorrow brings with it the thrill of grocery shopping and who knows what else.

So for tonight I say, "Good Night!"

No comments: