Como Zoo

Como Town

Beach & Park

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 2 Underwater Adventures and in House Ones

Well today started with the kids waking me up at 8:30 and me going back to sleep until 9:00. Once we were all up and about I suggested that I make biscuit's and gravy. Yum yum! We sat out on the deck and had breakfast out there. They even said it was better than their dads, sorry Joe. While we were eating I had decided to suggest we go to the Mall of America and from there Underwater Adventure. On the walk to the entrance we ran into Blue so the kids had to take a picture with him.



Serenity, Logan and Blue



So once we go into the park it was off to see sharks and turtles and alligators and sea horses and crabs. The kids like it so much we had to go through twice.

Arrr stay away from my treasure mattes



I even got them caged away from the me



Logan and Serenity riding a sea turtle




Ouch! Sharky bites





Look Auntie a shark


After the many hours spent there we decided to head home to where we found all sorts of adventures there. While they played out in the back yard I made sandwiches and salad for lunch. I was so tired from all the late night and the long morning I took little cat naps while they ate. After lunch it was time to play outside while Auntie did dishes and worked on other things such as setting up for cupcakes. Watching those two do wind ups and trying to loosen up was so fun. I wish I'd had a camcorder so you could see all the funny things they did. In between bowling and baseball they decided to play keep out of the house. My screen door on the sun room has been sticking but you can always open it just not very fast. Anyway while playing keep out, which only lasted one turn, Serenity slammed the screen shut and when Logan yanked it open the screen fell off. The look on those two faces was priceless. I told them it wasn't there fault but no more horsing around.


Lets play catch


Winding up for the throw


After making cupcakes, which was a messy experience that the kids enjoyed it was time to start dinner which for tonight was pizza and pizza rolls. I had just put them in the oven when Serenity started calling out for me from the bathroom. The door was stuck or something and she couldn't get out. Well Logan only and hour ago had gotten stuck in there but he had turned the lock on the door. OK I am thinking that the lock is on again and she just has to unlock it. Nope that wasn't it so I tried to turn the lock with the catch on the outside, that was when I realized that the locking mechanism was not officially broken. I couldn't help it I started to laugh. Needless to say Serenity did NOT find it funny. She was getting pretty pissed off
Serenity behind the broken door



Well hell I thought maybe I can get it open by just pushing really hard or other things, nope nothing worked. So the only thing I could think of was to call my landlady Sharon and see if she had any ideas. She ended up sending her brother in law who was able to take off the trim to get to the slider. While he worked on that Serenity was able to use a screw driver and get the screws out of the doorknob. After about 45 min of being trapped in the bathroom the got her out. Yeah!! She was still a little angry that I had told her father about what had happened. Once they had left it was time for cold pizza, pizza rolls and Beverly Hills Chihuahua.
Logan watching the movie





Serenity watching the movie

After the movie it was time for one cupcake and bed. Being that tomorrow was bound to be a busy day getting them into bed around 9:30 seemed like a good idea. While I just cam back from the third trip downstairs when I had to have an in depth discussion about all the loved ones that had died and were still with us in our hearts. It was a touching moment that lasted for almost 20 mins. Now they are all cried out and exhausted and sleeping. Tomorrow plans to be more of the same, I only hope that nothing gets broken tomorrow.

Good Night

Auntie Diane

No comments: