Como Zoo

Como Town

Beach & Park

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 4: Misty's, Movie & Cookies


Well today was not as busy a day as the past three but I have to tell you and was exhausted all day long. I have been averaging about 7 hours a night but I think I really need more. Oh well this is only for a few more days. Everyone keeps asking me now if I really want kids, and the answer is still yes, but mine will be perfect. Ha Ha fooled you. I know they wouldn't be perfect but they would be close.



OK on to today. We have a few issues this morning with Serenity not wanting to eat her cereal. She was taking her time eating it and it was getting soggy, so out of know where she said that she hadn't wanted milk in there so she didn't want to eat it. Like I said, we got off the morning with some issues. It took her almost an hour but she did eat all of it and now we know to see if she wants milk in it tomorrow. Once the were feed, dressed and packed we were ready to head over to my friend Misty's house for lunch and then off to a movie.

Once at Misty's house we got to play with some kids golf clubs, badminton rackets, feed they're fish and see Sampson her cat. Sampson wasn't very happy to be around kids and he ran away shortly after we got him downstairs. So while Misty was making sloppy joes and salad Logan, Serenity and I went outside to play golf. Serenity had a pin seeker right away when she hit the tree then Logan found out all about foot wedges and gimmes when the ball neared the pin. Then when Misty came outside with the badminton rackets the fun really started. Pretty soon it was time for lunch, so we brought everything outside to the deck and had lunch. There was sloppy joes, pasta salad, salad and raspberries. Note to Mom and Dad, Logan really liked the pasta salad the she made.





















After lunch it was time for Kung Fu Panda!!! With Misty's help it was a great success. Only one bathroom break for Logan (at a critical point in the movie of course) and Serenity didn't need any. We had pop and popcorn during the movie, boy can Serenity eat popcorn, she must get that from Grandma Marthaler (right Mom).

After the movie we dropped Misty off at home, telling her how much fun we had at her house and thank yo for coming with us to the movie, That was mostly from me. It was nice to have a conversation with an adult that did deal with planes or the little mermaid. So as we headed home the kids wanted to see where I worked so we stopped on by. I have to say I will take kid conversation for the next year if I can get paid and not go back to work. I don't miss it at all right now. My co-workers were charmed by Logan's shyness and amused by Serenity's silliness. They thought it was pretty cool that I worked in a hospital and that they got to see it.

So once we got home it was cookie making time. We made two batched of chocolate swirl cookies and they did all the pouring and measuring and egg breaking with a little help for auntie. Logan and I had a little trouble cracking an egg open. I always ended up on the table instead of in the bowl. They then placed the dough on the cookie sheets along with a lot of taste testing. I out the cookie sheets in the oven and took them out but they help with everything else. It was great for them to do something that allowed them to make a mess and not get yelled at.
While the cookies were baking we put the Disney channel on Sirius Radio and I learned all about Hannah Montana and the Cheetah Girls and something about the Jonahs Brother, who ever they are. Logan was rocking out on the deck to the music.



We finally ordered pizza and made another batch of cookies while we waited for it to get there. Once there it was pizza out on the deck with some Rood Beer and bread sticks. I have to say they are absolutely fascinated with all the airplanes that fly over the house. All week long they have been counting the planes and helicopters that they see. I think we are well over 1236 by their count.



We had some trouble with the movie tonight. It was Logan's turn to pick and he wanted Milo and Otis. Serenity of course didn't want to watch that, she wanted High School Musical. Se was giving me the stink eye for sometime. We ended up watching Logan's because It was his turn and she was not happy about that. The funny thing was is that once it was on she really got into the movie. So once it was over it was only 9:20 so guess what we watched? Yep High School Musical! So in the end all were happy and being that it was 11:45 when the movie got over it was bead time.

So now they are sleeping like the little angels they look like. I was a little disappointed that I forgot to take pictures while we were baking cookies but I guess such it life. So tomorrow it Aunt Shirley's for lunch and then who knows what else. It has been a great week, I will be honest, there were a few times I have wondered what I was thinking by taking them for a week but then I look at all the great times we have had and those make the bad times seem insignificant. So until tomorrow.

Auntie Diane

P.S. Wish me luck tonight, it is Serenity's turn by me. Yikes!!

1 comment:

de-ranged mom said...

Well I hope when we see you tomarrow you aren't to brused up. Those cookies look good. Glad the movie wasn't a bad deal. Love you guys see you later.